Hello 🙂 , I hope you are having a beautiful day. It is almost the end of 2014 (which is making me super excited) and it’s that time of the year to make new year resolutions. I was having a discussion with my friend today when she pulled out a long list from her bag. I asked her what that was and she said, “it’s my new year resolutions.” I realized I did not make a list yet for myself and the month is almost ending but I asked myself, do I need one?
There are different kinds of people who make New Year resolutions
- The people who actually follow them
- The people who make the list but do not follow them
- The people who do not care to make one at all because they think it is impossible to follow
I happen to fall among the people who do not care to make a new year resolution because I know I cannot keep them (hey at least I am true to myself :D).
Although there are some dedicated people who actually keep their resolutions, here’s why I think it is impossible to keep:
- It is hard! – that chocolate cake you swore not touch suddenly becomes the most frequent food you see
- It is hard!! – the gym subscription you have been paying for suddenly becomes “too expensive”
- It is hard!!! – brushing your teeth at night becomes impossible because you don’t want to “waste” toothpaste which serves a better purpose in the morning.
- It is hard!!!! – you finally “realize” everyone cannot be Albert Einstein so your grades are pretty “OK” for you
If you are one of the people keeping resolutions good luck with that. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and sound of in the comment section if you keep New Year Resolutions. Please also share this post with your friends and family. Have a lovely day xx.